Information Collection and Use:
We are the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others. When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
What are cookies?
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- Recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast
- Analysing anonymised data to help us understand how people interact with govt services so we can make them better.
You can manage these small files and learn more about them here All About Cookies.org. There’s also a cookies awareness video (below) and further information on how to remove cookies at About Cookies: how to control cookies.
First-party cookies (cookies set by us)
These are cookies set by our web domain known as ‘first-party’ cookies. Some are necessary to the functionality of the site, others provide information to us that we analyse to monitor and improve the site. These first-party cookies do not store or collect any personal information or anything that make you personally identifiable to us. Typically, the cookies generate a random, unique number to store information about a user.
Cookies for measuring website usage
Google Analytics cookies: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmv, _utmd,_utmz
Data stored by cookies:
- _utma stores each user’s number of visits, time of the first visit, the previous visit and the current visit
- _utmb and _utmc checks how long a visitor stays on the site: when a visit starts and ends
- _utmz tracks where a visitor came from (search engine, search keyword, link)
- _utmv and _utmd track visitor journeys through the site and classifies them into groups
Duration of cookies:
- _utma expires two years after your last visit to this site
- _utmb expires 30 minutes after your visit, or after 30 minutes of inactivity
- _utmc expires at the end of a session (when you close your browser)
- _utmz expires six months after it was last set
- _utmv (not set) expires immediately
- _utmd (not set) expires immediately
- Where it is used: all pages of our website
How to control and delete cookies
Please be aware that restricting cookies may have an impact upon the functionality of our website. If you wish to view your cookie code, just click on a cookie to open it. You’ll see a short string of text and numbers. The numbers are your identification card, which can only be seen by the server that gave you the cookie. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual. To opt-out of third-parties collecting any data regarding your interaction on our website, please refer to their websites for further information.
Log Files: We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Surveys and Feedback: From time-to-time our site requests information from users via surveys or feedback forms. Participation in these surveys or user feedback is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include satisfaction information (such as name, company, use of the product and your views on the product), and demographic information (such as post code, age bracket). Feedback information may be published on the site as a review. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
Security: This website takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and off-line. We do not ask for sensitive information such as credit card numbers online. We do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer services) are granted access to personally identifiable information. If you have any questions about the security of our website, you can contact us.
Supplementation of Information: News Earth Solutions does not share any information we receive from this website with any 3rd party sources.
Site and Service Updates: We may send the user site and service announcement updates. Customers are not able to un-subscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about the service. We communicate with the user to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account via email or phone.