Trainee Site Engineer
About this Role:
A regional groundworks contractor require Site Engineer to join their Hampshire office to. The business specialise in delivering bespoke groundworks and infrastructure packages on brownfield and greenfield sites across Hampshire, Berkshire and Wiltshire for regional developers and some of the UK’s largest developers.
Traditionally projects consist of new section 278 works, storm and foul drainage, foundations, retaining walls, roads, landscaping and associated street furniture.
The Site Engineer will join the fast paced environment of residential groundworks and operate as a stand-alone Site Engineer managing the engineering aspects of up to 5 live sites.
You will work closely with the Senior Engineer on a day-to-day and have monthly review meetings to ensure you are getting the best support in your training.
• Ensure quality is met in accordance with specification, checking and cross referencing drawings
• Setting out roads; drainage; concrete foundations; footings etc
• Operate and promote a high level of health and safety
• Produce as-built drawings
• Plan and schedule work efficiently to ensure deadlines are met in accordance to the program
• Co-ordinating the technical aspects of package handovers
Commitment, drive and outstanding performance will be rewarded with an excellent salary, package and opportunity to progress.
Requirements including certificates and qualifications:
Ideally you will hold minimum of HNC/HND Civil Engineering qualification and have experience setting out using a total station.
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Alltek specialise in civil engineering vacancies and is a leading Recruitment Consultancy in Southampton.