About this Role:
A regional civil engineering contractor require a Sub Agent to manage a mixture of civil engineering projects in Hampshire and surrounding counties. Initially you’ll assist in managing the self-delivery of a bespoke groundworks, roads and infrastructure package inside of a live MOD training facility – due for completion in 2020.
Due to the high security environment you will ensure rigorous health and safety procedures, processes and associated paperwork are adhered to and completed to the highest quality. You’ll interact regularly with the client, leading site walk arounds and progress meetings so the ability to build relationships with the client(s) is essential in order to secure future project opportunities.
You will report to the Contracts Manager and be responsible for delivering civil engineering schemes from inception to completion up to £8 million for clients including Hampshire County Council, Ministry of Defence, Highways England, Network Rail and local authorities.
• Write risk assessment and method statements
• Management of the commercial team with site change control and ensuring all cost, value and change control is captured in line with the contract.
• Documentation control including Health and Safety files
• Attend monthly progress meetings with clients and stakeholders
• Liaising with clients to ensure work is completed to specification
• Assist with programming works (MS projects)
• Manage the direct labour force and specialist subcontractors
• Assist with raising early warnings and compensation events (experience - not essential)
Other projects include smart motorway project works, junction upgrades/pinch points, section 278 works, drainage upgrades and bridge repair or replacement schemes.
Commitment, drive and outstanding performance will be rewarded with an excellent salary, package and opportunity to progress in the business.
About the Company/Client/Project:
The role is to work with the busy Hampshire office of the leading South Coast company. They are a comprehensive civil engineering contractor specialising in one-off highway schemes, highway maintenance and equivalent schemes with their rail division. The business has successfully been thriving across the South Coast for over 35 years’ with an annual turnover in greater than £50 million.
Requirements including certificates and qualifications:
You will hold a minimum of HNC/HND Civil Engineering qualification and ideally will have a technical engineering background.
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Alltek specialise in civil engineering vacancies and is a leading Recruitment Consultancy in Southampton.