About this Role:
A civil engineering contractor are looking to appoint a Site Supervisor to manage the delivery of new and existing highway projects in Berkshire and surrounding areas. The role will be to work with the Operations Manager and assist with co-ordinating direct gangs and specialist subcontractors to ensure that each scheme is carried out to the design specifications, efficiently and is commercially rewarding.
The projects will range in value from £5k to £2 million and will consist of road surfacing schemes; drainage repairs and upgrades; Section 278 & 38 works; bridge maintenance; junction upgrades and more. You will deliver these projects as the principle contractor and be responsible for managing direct and sub-contract labour.
- Responsible for ensuring health and safety standards are compliant and safe working procedures are implemented.
- Organising plant, materials and labour to ensure efficient operation on site.
- Ensure work is being carried out in accordance to the risk assessments and method statements.
- Update site diaries.
- Lead toolbox talks and site inductions.
- Checking drawings to ensure work is being carried out accurately to the design.
- Assist the Project Manager with programming and resourcing and ensure works will operate at maximum efficiency.
- Ensure that each projects being carried out is commercially viable.
Commitment, drive and outstanding performance you will be rewarded with an excellent salary, package and opportunities to progress.
About the Company/Client/Project:
A diverse major contractor which have been successfully operating for over 100 years’ in the UK. Their comprehensive civil engineering division offers a range of projects and sizes from one-off major highway and rail schemes to local authority frameworks and speciality marine projects.
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Alltek specialise in build vacancies and is a leading Recruitment Consultancy in Southampton.