Site Manager (Rail)
About this Role:
There is an outstanding opportunity to join a reputable privately owned business offering a clear route of progression and varied projects in the region. Due to the recent successful appointment on Network Rail’s CP6 framework my client are looking to appoint an additional Site Manager to take ownership of a number of schemes or larger single action projects as the principal contractor.
The framework covers the Wessex Route of the rail network, starting at London Waterloo the projects will be delivered on the main routes across the South Coast including Basingstoke, Guildford, Winchester, Southampton and Portsmouth.
The role will consist of managing the construction of projects including electrification & plant; geotechnical work (drainage, embankments etc); structural repairs; stations and building enhancements. Typically the projects will range between £250k - £10 million but throughout the duration of the framework there will be opportunities to work on major projects up to £50 million.
The ideal candidate will have a main contractor background and very good understanding of civil engineering projects – rail experience is not essential but favourable.
Duties will include:
- Liaising with the client (Network Rail) and all stakeholders in progress meetings
- Take responsibility for design development throughout pre-construction and delivery
- Advising on the construction methodology with the client and designers
- Programming with MS Projects and monitoring the work completed is in-line with the programme
- KPI management and internal risk & opportunity reporting to senior management
- Writing construction phase plans
- Assist writing the scope of works and procuring the sub-contractors with Quantity Surveyors
- Work closely with the commercial team to ensure that costs are managed to hit budgets and maximise profit
If successful, you will have the security of up to 8 years’ of work on the framework, structured career progression, variety of projects and a company that understands flexible working.
About the Company/Client/Project:
A leading national contractor thriving in civil engineering, building and rail across the UK with IIP (Investors in People) status. They offer an excellent approach to working flexibly, focusing on creating an environment built for the employees.
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Alltek specialise in civil engineering vacancies and is a leading Recruitment Consultancy in Southampton.