About this Role:
We have a requirement for a Site Engineer to work on the Crossrail West Stations on a live project that started at the beginning of 2019. The project is looking for a degree-qualified Engineer with PTS and CSCS cards. As the Site Engineer your responsibilities are to provide engineering and quality control for construction works including maintaining appropriate records. Alongside continuous support and assist others as required ensuring the project site remains compliant with requirements in all aspects.
- You will be well versed in the interpretations of drawings and translating these into physical work..
- Dealing with day to day technical issues that may arise.
- Ensuring all self-certification of works is carried out on time.
- Collaborate and provide specified measurement data as required by the Commercial department.
- Provide accurate engineering control and setting out for the works in accordance with the latest approved design information
- Undertake other duties as defined and appointed under the Project Specific IMS plan or as defined by the Site Agent.
The physical work will include:
- New or modified station buildings
- New footbridges
- New lifts
- Upgraded electrical supplies and wiring
- Upgraded mechanical systems
- Upgraded revenue collection.
About the Company/Client/Project:
The client is a worldwide Building & Civil Engineering Contractor, established in 1990 in the UK. Their core focus is on delivering complex infrastructure projects but also cover engineering, mining and services extensively, with highways, rail, heavy civil engineering and infrastructure schemes forming the bulk of their workload.
Requirements including certificates and qualifications:
A BSc in Civil Engineering or equivalent, with recent relevant experience in a similar role.
Basic knowledge of construction industry and standard construction techniques
Basic knowledge of project, obtained through project induction
Good appreciation of commercial and contractual requirements
Experience within the Civil side of the Rail Sector.
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Alltek specialise in civil engineering vacancies and is a leading recruitment consultancy in Southampton