Senior Quantity Surveyor
About this Role:
We are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a leading Tier 1 Civil Engineering and Construction business in the UK whom specialise in the Highways and Water sectors on a permanent basis. This is to work on the Southern water framework for AMP 7. The project is focusing on planned and reactive maintenance on Water Treatment Sites across two regions; Hampshire and West Sussex. You will be based in their Southern Office with regular visits to site in well-equipped office’s/compound with a commercial office, you will be reporting to the Commercial manager.
You will be required to help and assist the Project Managers /Site Managers and other SQS on site, with assigned Contracts to ensure a full commercial service is provided to aid the Project Lead to fulfill their duties as lead function, all within business requirements, Company Governance and Commercial procedures.
Key responsibilities include:
• Set profitability targets with the team, develop procurement strategy, and regularly produce financial progress reports
• Recognising and advising Project Manager on delays, extensions of time and loss and/or expense and ensuring relevant notices are issued.
• Timely procurement, negotiation, and administration of subcontracts in accordance with procurement strategy
• Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts by preparing detailed, accurate and orderly measurements in accordance with relevant measurement standards.
• Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes by agreement of subcontract valuations and completion of regular and timely payment certificates.
• Preparation of claim documentation & information for submission to Clients/ Consultants within required timescales.
• Secure the best possible (value and timing) payments from the client in order to maximise cash flow. Ensure that payments are applied for and received in accordance with the contract
• Internal Valuations/CVRs and subcontract liability reports in accordance with schedule of accounting period end dates and deadlines
• Make sure that the client is always aware of our financial and commercial expectations
• Ensure that all necessary insurances, bonds, guarantees are in place. Ensure the timely release of bonds and retention
About the Company/Client/Project:
This organisation is one of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with an enviable track record of delivering schemes that strive to provide positive, lasting change for the communities we work in. As a FTSE 250 organisation, they turnover £2.8 billion and employ over 5500 people across three very successful businesses. As one of the UK’s leading principal contractors you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals.
Requirements including certificates and qualifications:
Skills (including IT) Good Communication and IT skills.
Qualifications Preferable Degree HNC/HND minimum. CSCS.
• Experienced Senior Level QS
• Degree Qualified
• Water Treatment site’s experience desirable.
• NEC contract knowledge is critical.
• Must have good initiative
• Experience of Client interaction/ stakeholder management essential.
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Alltek specialise in civil engineering vacancies and is a leading Recruitment Consultancy in Southampton.