Senior Quantity Surveyor
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join an exciting regional civil engineering contractor and take ownership of their busy South East region. The role is to manage a portfolio of projects in Kent, Surrey and Sussex ranging in value between £250k - £7 million for Highways England, local authorities and private sector clients.
Ideally you'll have experience of managing a team or looking to progress into a management role, your team will consist of 2no Quantity Surveyors and 2no Graduate/Assistant Quantity Surveyors. The role has a clear route of progression into a Managing Quantity Surveyor and opportunity to develop the team and expand in the near future.
You will be responsible for managing the commercial aspects of up to 6 live schemes at any one time, in circa £12 million per annum.
All projects will be delivered under an NEC3 contract – It is essential that you have a good understanding of the contract and experience of delivering projects from award to project handover raising early warnings, compensation events and managing commercial disputes.
Projects typically include pinch point/junction upgrades; drainage upgrades; section 278 works; bridge repair and replacement schemes; embankment repairs; public realm and smart motorway upgrades.
Duties will include:
• Review tender documentation to ensure terms agreed are suitable, risks identified and mitigations implemented
• Producing accurate and timely commercial project reports
• Procurement of subcontractors, negotiation and financial accounting
• Ensure the commercial risks identified at tender stage are carried through post-contract and delivery
• Supervising the performance of the commercial aspects of projects
• Prepare interim valuations and agree final accounts
• Lead negotiation with settlement of disputes in relation to customer and supplier accounts
Commitment, drive and outstanding performance will be rewarded with an excellent salary, package and opportunity to progress.
The business are a comprehensive civil engineering contractor that specialise in one-off highway schemes, structures, urban regeneration and rail. The business have thrived across the South of England for over 35 years’ and have seen turnover grow rapidly in recent years due to the success of securing projects on major highways and rail frameworks as well as consistently delivering on one-off highway improvement schemes and continuous work with local authorities.
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Alltek specialise in civil engineering vacancies and is a leading Recruitment Consultancy in Southampton.