Senior Project Manager
About this Role:
Great opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Manager to work for a Regional contractor in the South West.
Working on a £25M commercial build project in the Cheltenham area.
This project is a mixture of brick and block and steel frame construction.
You will be based on site managing a team of 3 x Site Managers, 1 x engineer, 2 x Quantity Surveyors and an administrator.
Once this project is complete future projects will range from £4M – £30M within the commercial, education, health and industrial sectors.
Working on traditional contracting, D&B, frameworks and partnering as well as PFI and PPP projects within an hour of the Cheltenham area.
You will be heavily involved in the pre-construction of projects working closely with the estimators, design team working through to financial close, construction and delivery on site.
Reporting to the Regional Construction Director you will have full responsibility for the programming of works, buildability, logistics planning, health and safety, quality control, detailed design development with the client through to completion and handover.
You will need to have experience of:
• Pre-construction early stage site set up using ASTA
• Produce and issue risk log
• Identify all H&S issues
• Produce detailed Method Statements
• Support pre-contract team
• Participate and actively contribute to the Pre-Start handover
• Review options for construction and challenge solutions
• Provide cost effective solutions for the construction of the works
• Identify and predict resource issues and risks, and analyse options for profitability.
• Take tough decisions to overcome issues
• Be involved along with the QS and Site Management in the selection process for subcontractors, specialist and suppliers
• Attend progress meetings as appropriate and ensure that relevant contractors/progress reports against the programme are issued in accordance with the contract
• Provide high level progress reports to the Directors- weekly or as required
• Deal with al issues including complex issues to the customer and their team
• As part of the project team ensure that works are progressed safely, to the quality, programme, efficiently and cost effectively
• Monitor all regulatory requirements regarding Planning and Building Regulations
• Ensure that all site administration procedures are followed and timesheets are signed-off when not verified by a Site Manager
• Work closely with the Surveyor to ensure all cost related items are reported back and assist in the preparation of the final account
• Assist Surveyor with final account
About the Company/Client/Project:
Regional contractor with a turnover of £160M
Working on projects ranging from £4M – £30M within the commercial, education, health, industrial and residential sectors.
Working on traditional contracting, D&B, frameworks and partnering as well as PFI and PPP projects.
Requirements including certificates and qualifications:
• Minimum HNC/HND Building Studies or Construction related degree
• SMSTS or IOSH
• First aid
• Ability to lead a team
• Proven skills in programme management
To apply send your CV to email@example.com
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Alltek specialise in build vacancies and is a leading Recruitment Consultancy in Southampton.