About this Role:
Due to the busy start of 2020 a civil engineering contractor are looking to recruit an additional Planner to work with the pre-construction and delivery teams. The role will give you the opportunity to work on diverse projects including specialist marine work including port expansions and sea defence structures to urban regenerations, flood alleviation schemes, waste water treatment works, roads and infrastructure.
The business are a principal contractor and self-deliver projects with their large directly employed labour force. Traditionally the value of projects range between £4m - £10 million but also deliver one-off schemes between £15m - £20 million.
• Prepare and develop Construction programmes in conjunction with the project team
• Lead and assist in production and integration of 3-week construction programmes
• Incorporate design activities (where applicable)
• Support project team with construction methodology/sequence and output/rates knowledge
• Collaborate with project team on resource requirements
• Identify and communicate programme risks to the project team
• Collaborate in value engineering and programme improvement initiatives
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate strong leadership, be technically sound with strong commercial acumen and have excellent communication skills.
Commitment, drive and outstanding performance will be rewarded with an excellent salary, package and opportunity to progress.
About the Company/Client/Project:
The role is to work with the busy Hampshire office covering the southern operation of the business. The company are a comprehensive civil engineering contractor specialising in water, waste and energy; sea defence; flood alleviation; aviation; public realm; infrastructure and building. The business has thrived across the South Coast for over 50 years’ and has built lasting relationships with governing bodies, local authorities, major developers and private sector clients.
Requirements including certificates and qualifications:
You will hold a minimum of HNC/HND Civil Engineering and ideally a site engineering background.
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Alltek specialise in civil engineering vacancies and is a leading Recruitment Consultancy in Southampton.