About this Role:
An exciting opportunity to join the Hampshire based regional office of this busy main contractor, to work with the team on a variety of bids, including schemes on national and regional frameworks, negotiated work and competitive tenders.
Reporting to the Preconstruction Director, and working with the preconstruction teams, you will be responsible for:
• Reviewing tender and quotation enquiries received from clients and evaluate them to maximise the overall opportunity for the company including highlighting any risk.
• Attending tender launch meetings, with input to win strategy, time scales, etc.
• Producing detailed bills of quantities from tender documents, site surveys and drawings where required.
• Obtaining competitive quotations from subcontractors & suppliers to prepare detailed financial estimates.
• Prepare and finalise tender reports for adjudication of completed tenders and quotations.
• Co-operate with the Business Development team and Proposals Coordinator to ensure that tenders are submitted in a timely fashion and to a high standard of presentation.
• Attend mid and post tender interviews with the client where appropriate.
• Carry out post-tender negotiations and finalise potential orders with clients.
• On successful bids, attend meetings with the Construction Manager and delivery team, and present handover with appropriate documentation and full financial break down.
About the Company/Client/Project:
The client is a busy and growing regional office of a national main contractor with a network of offices.
This region is currently achieving a turnover of £75m+ with 80% of the workload for next year already secured. Workload sectors include primary, secondary and higher education, commercial, defence, student accommodation, leisure and industrial. Project values typically range from £5m to £30m.
Requirements including certificates and qualifications:
You will be an experienced Senior Estimator with a proven track record within a recognised main contracting organisation to date.
Key attributes will include the ability to work well within a smaller team, excellent technical, commercial and contractual knowledge, keen attention to detail, a positive ‘can do attitude, focus, drive and the ability to work to key deadlines.
Experience of second stage input and the securing of schemes on the Southern Construction framework would be advantageous.
High standards, attention to detail and the drive will be very well rewarded with excellent salary, benefits, promotional and development prospects.
For more information on this contract please contact Martin Olney on 02380 682 662 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
alltek specialise in build vacancies and is a leading Recruitment Consultancy in Southampton.