About this Role:
This is a fantastic opportunity for a strong Quantity Surveyor ready to take the next step, to join a brand new region for a top residential developer. You will be competent enough in your work to run sites on your own, with one to two days per week on site and four days per week in the office.
Training and career development opportunities are excellent in this growing region, within a dynamic and friendly team of successful individuals who work hard and play hard.
About the Company/Client/Project:
• Collaborate with departments across the region to improve cost effectiveness and ensure timely delivery of projects whilst providing cost advice on any aspect of the build as and when required.
• Develop a close relationship with the site teams and a detailed knowledge of your allocated sites by maintaining a visible site presence, ensuring all developments are visited regularly and attending site meetings as required.
• Maintain budgets for developments, assist in the preparation of site budgets and undertake site valuations.
• Have responsibility for processing all contractor, subcontractor and consultant orders including payments, variation orders and day works.
• Liaise with subcontractors in order to ensure sufficient resources are available and assist in the monitoring and evaluation of contractor performance.
• Monitor, reconcile and recharge any costs which relate to shared cost items with other offices as well as external companies.
The very core of our client’s ethos is a driving ambition to be the market leader in the design and delivery of sustainable homes and mixed-used communities.
They aim to improve the quality of life for people and communities now and in the future through providing better homes, work places, retail and leisure spaces.
The core operations are focused on the South West across Dorset and Devon. This geographic spread, combined with an approach to high-quality well-designed homes, provides our client with a distinctive position among the listed house builders.
Requirements including certificates and qualifications:
This demanding, challenging yet highly rewarding role will be responsible for ensuring timely & accurate cost management, dealing with contractual issues & procurement & payment of sub-contractors for complex large volume development projects from pre-operational stage through to final account settlement.
The post holder will be representing the Commercial Department in a Surveying capacity and such must develop a good working relationship with the Divisions other disciplines & Departments & Head Office personnel.
In addition to working alongside Divisional based colleagues on a daily basis the post holder will be required to develop a good rapport with staff in the operating business & external consultants and have the ability to manage confidential & sometimes sensitive information in an appropriate and professional manner at all times.
You will attend meetings / conferences / training events which may be held at a different office & may from time to time involve an overnight stay.
Be commercially aware with analytical & proactive approach towards problem solving and be capable of working in a team orientated environment.
The ideal candidate must be capable of taking ownership of their continued learning & development with regard to matters that effect the performance of the post holder ie IT, contract & statutory legislation, etc both within the internal & external environment.
Degree qualified is preferred but not essential with directly relevant experience being the defining factor.
You will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of your successes.
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Fawkes & Reece specialise in residential vacancies and is a leading Recruitment Consultancy in Southampton.