About this Role:
Quantity Surveyor required to work as part of the commercial team within the residential team within the South Business.
You will be for responsible for managing all costs relating to residential developments. Your focus is to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, whilst still achieving the required standards and quality.
• Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts as directed by line manager.
• Prepare and agree daywork sheets.
• Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes.
• Ensuring that payments to sub-contractors are made on time and in accordance with the subcontract agreement
• Assisting with preparation of external valuations
• Assisting with preparation of development appraisals and budgets
• Assisting in preparation of financial reports by taking relevant site measurements and/or measuring from drawings
• Monthly stock taking for internal and external valuations
• Assisting in preparation of pre-cost estimates, analysis of Head Office cost prints and divergences between pre-cost estimates and Head Office cost prints.
• Preparing material reconciliations.
About the Company/Client/Project:
A leading construction company, carrying out building and infrastructure works across the UK through the extensive knowledge and expertise of several regional offices.
Working within commercial, MoJ, MoD, education, health, extra care, retail, leisure and culture sectors.
Projects value on average £70M
Requirements including certificates and qualifications:
• A minimum of 6 GCSE’s A – C, including Maths and English
• Must have completed at least two year of surveying related studies such as National Certificate or HND or Quantity Surveying degree
• Previous work experience within the construction industry in a Trainee QS role is essential.
• Experience working in an Assistant role within house building industry is desirable.
• Good communication skills – both verbal and written
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic with a positive attitude
• Quick to learn and strives for continuous improvement in everyday tasks
• Understands the importance of meeting customers’ needs
• Flexible with the ability to solve problems and find solutions
• Keen interest in construction and a willingness to progress within the industry
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Alltek specialise in build vacancies and is a leading Recruitment Consultancy in Southampton.