About this Role:
A main contractor are looking to appoint a Quantity Surveyor to work on a highway improvement scheme in Hampshire. The project will consist of widening the motorway and constructing a designated left hand lane to ease traffic into a major business and retail park.
They are the principle contractor and will require you to assist with the procurement of sub-contractors and managing the commercial aspects of the project. You will report to a Senior Quantity Surveyor and work with a Graduate Quantity Surveyor. The project will be delivered under an NEC3 Option B form of contract and is valued above £10 million.
Duties will include:
- Review tender documentation to ensure terms agreed are suitable, risks identified and mitigations implemented
- Producing accurate and timely commercial project reports
- Procurement of subcontractors, negotiation and financial accounting
- Ensure the commercial risks identified at tender stage are carried through post-contract and delivery
- Supervising the performance of the commercial aspects of projects
- Prepare interim valuations and agree final accounts
- Lead negotiation with settlement of disputes in relation to customer and supplier accounts
Other live projects in the region include a marine structural repair scheme with cathodic protection and extensive concrete repairs as well as new developer lead roads and infrastructure to develop ex-MOD land over a 5 year period.
Commitment, drive and outstanding performance will be rewarded with an excellent salary, package and opportunity to progress.
About the Company/Client/Project:
Initially you will be site based with the project team but attached to their regional office in Hampshire. The business has been trading for over 100 years’ in construction and currently employs over 5,000 people in the UK. The business has built some of the greatest buildings and infrastructure in UK as well as leading the way with their local authority maintenance contracts and work with Highways England and Network Rail.
Requirements including certificates and qualifications:
Ideally you will hold a minimum of HNC/HND Commercial Management or a relevant related qualification.
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Alltek specialise in civil engineering vacancies and is a leading Recruitment Consultancy in Southampton.