Quantity Surveyor

Published
September 6, 2018
Location
Category
Job Type
Full-time
Ref No
AP6333
Salary
£50 - 60K + pension + Car or allowance + 25 days holiday + cycle to work scheme

Description

About this Role:

As Quantity Surveyor you will be working on projects within social housing, education, healthcare and community sectors with projects values from £500K - £5M 75% of the works are refurbishment and the remaining 25% are new build.

Based in the Portsmouth office working on projects across Hampshire, Berkshire, Surrey and West Sussex.

The ideal candidate will have track record in a similar role and have worked for a main or principle contractor previously.

Your role will involve but will not be limited to:

Pre Contract:

Attending pre commencement / pre contract meetings

Attend meetings regarding all financial control procedures associated with the design development to ensure the recording of perceived risks and opportunities in the bid as required.

Post Contract:

Financial reporting and control

Continually monitor and review, in detail costs and values of the works at hand.

Produce turnover and contribution forecasts.

Ensure that the financial reports are produced and submitted in line with the company’s reporting timetable.

Attend regular review and control meetings.

Design management:

Liaise closely with the Design team manager regarding cost implications of design changes to provide feedback to the Project manager and Commercial manager.

Carry out checks to ensure design drawings are in accordance with the clients requirements and contractors requirements.

Management of Risk

Contract Review and production Meetings

Surveyor Review Meetings

Main Contract and External Valuations and Final Accounts

Management of Consultants and Subcontractors

Feedback to the Commercial manager of any price elements or unit prices which are considered to be seriously at variance with cost, giving details of shortfall.

Provide constructive comments on improving efficiency.

Provide feedback on poorly performing subcontractors, suppliers and consultants.

About the Company/Client/Project:

Full Principle Contractor with an office in both Hampshire and Surrey covering the South of England working within the education, leisure, industrial and housing sectors.

Projects will include D&B and extensions and expansion projects.

25 years in the industry my client works within the construction, refurbishment, building maintenance and FM sectors.

This role is to work within the construction arm of the business. They have projects currently within education, leisure and industrial sectors and are looking to expand into the housing sector.

Projects range in value from £1-5M

Requirements including certificates and qualifications:

As the successful candidate, you will need to have relevant main/Principle contractor experience with sound technical knowledge.  You will also need a good understanding of Health and Safety, Procurement, Planning and Programming procedures and be able to demonstrate excellent commercial awareness.

Using your strong communication and negotiation skills, you will be able to solve problems effectively and have the drive and ambition to successfully deliver a high quality service.

You will be degree qualified from a construction background or hold a HNC/HND in construction.

You will have experience of working with JCT and NEC forms of contracts.

Apply by sending your CV to sarah@alltekrecruit.com

Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK

alltek specialise in build vacancies and is a leading Recruitment Consultancy in Southampton.

Apply
Drop files here browse files ...

Related Jobs

Quantity Surveyor   Sussex new
September 19, 2018
Quantity Surveyor   Surrey new
September 19, 2018
Quantity Surveyor   Hampshire new
September 19, 2018
Quantity Surveyor   Wiltshire new
September 18, 2018
Quantity Surveyor   Gloucestershire new
September 18, 2018

Take a look at our vacancies

Are you sure you want to delete this file?
/