About this Role:
Experienced Project Manager required to work for a specialist contractor with mechanical and electrical background for design and build and fit out for cleanrooms and laboratory facilities within the commercial, education, healthcare, leisure and food and beverage industries.
You will be based in Swindon and working on projects across Swindon and Oxford areas.
You will need to have experience of:
• Pre-construction early stage site set up using ASTA
• Produce and issue risk log
• Identify all H&S issues
• Produce detailed Method Statements
• Support pre-contract team
• Participate and actively contribute to the Pre-Start handover
• Review options for construction and challenge solutions
• Provide cost effective solutions for the construction of the works
• Identify and predict resource issues and risks, and analyse options for profitability.
• Take tough decisions to overcome issues
• Be involved along with the QS and Site Management in the selection process for subcontractors, specialist and suppliers
• Attend progress meetings as appropriate and ensure that relevant contractors/progress reports against the programme are issued in accordance with the contract
• Provide high level progress reports to the Directors- weekly or as required
• Deal with al issues including complex issues to the customer and their team
• As part of the project team ensure that works are progressed safely, to the quality, programme, efficiently and cost effectively
• Monitor all regulatory requirements regarding Planning and Building Regulations
• Ensure that all site administration procedures are followed and timesheets are signed-off when not verified by a Site Manager
• Work closely with the Surveyor to ensure all cost related items are reported back and assist in the preparation of the final account
• Assist Surveyor with final account
About the Company/Client/Project:
A specialist contractor with mechanical and electrical background for design & build and fit out for cleanrooms and laboratory facilities within the commercial, education, healthcare, leisure and food and beverage industries.
Directors all come from a chartered engineering, M&E or design background within the construction industry with over 170 years’ experience in the specialist industry between them.
They have a strong and valued client base and have a large amount of referrals coupled with a range of very interesting projects.
Cleanrooms and pharmaceutical industry new build and refurbishment projects across Swindon and Oxford areas up to the value of £20M
Requirements including certificates and qualifications:
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and proactive, demonstrating excellent technical, organisational, man-management and communication skills.
You must be diplomatic and have a flexible approach to the clients requests.
You will be travelling across Wiltshire and Oxford for projects.
You will ideally come from a construction management with BTEC in Building Studies, Building Engineering or Building Management HND/Degree in Construction Management
Knowledge of cleanrooms or laboratories is preferable but not essential.
You will possess your SMSTS, CSCS and First Aid qualifications for this role.
You must be able to gain full security clearance.
High standards, attention to detail and the drive will be very well rewarded with excellent salary, car or allowance, contributory pension scheme, holiday, promotional and development prospects.
Apply by sending your CV to email@example.com
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Alltek specialise in build vacancies and is a leading Recruitment Consultancy in Southampton.