About this Role:
Project Manager required to work on a £25M, 7 storey student accommodation block in Guildford.
This project is due to start the end of this year and as such you will be part of the final stages of pre construction before managing the project full time on site.
With a turn over of approximately £800 million as a main contractor and this South East office delivers projects within the education, student accommodation and commercial sectors between £20 – 75 million in value on a design and build basis.
Based on site you will report to the Contracts Manager out of the Reading office and work with the project teams to achieve continued success for this established company.
You will need to have experience of:
• Pre-construction early stage site set up
• Produce and issue risk log
• Identify all H&S issues
• Produce detailed Method Statements
• Support pre-contract team
• Participate and actively contribute to the Pre-Start handover
• Review options for construction and challenge solutions
• Provide cost effective solutions for the construction of the works
• Identify and predict resource issues and risks, and analyse options for profitability.
• Take tough decisions to overcome issues
• Be involved along with the QS and Site Management in the selection process for subcontractors, specialist and suppliers
• Attend progress meetings as appropriate and ensure that relevant contractors/progress reports against the programme are issued in accordance with the contract
• Provide high level progress reports to the Directors- weekly or as required
• Deal with al issues including complex issues to the customer and their team
• As part of the project team ensure that works are progressed safely, to the quality, programme, efficiently and cost effectively
• Monitor all regulatory requirements regarding Planning and Building Regulations
• Ensure that all site administration procedures are followed and timesheets are signed-off when not verified by a Site Manager
• Work closely with the Surveyor to ensure all cost related items are reported back and assist in the preparation of the final account
• Assist Surveyor with final account
About the Company/Client/Project:
One of the largest privately-owned construction and engineering group in the UK with an annual turnover of £800M with division including retail, major projects and development with this South East office being established and growing organically over a number of years.
The successful candidate will be working on a £25M, 7 storey student accommodation block in Guildford.
Requirements including certificates and qualifications:
You will have experience of working within the Construction industry for main contractors, specifically on D&B new build and refurbishment projects, ideally having worked on a student accommodation build project previously.
• hold or be working toward a construction / design related professional qualification - HNC/HND/Degree
• be a member of a Professional Body
• hold a relevant CSCS card
• have main contractor experience on commercial projects form pre-con to delivery on site / handover
• have experience of working on projects of approximately £20M as Project Manager
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Alltek specialise in build vacancies and is a leading Recruitment Consultancy in Southampton.