About this Role:
We have a requirement for a permanent Project Manager to work for a Tier 1 Principle Civil Engineering & Construction contractor. Their specialities and focuses are mainly for the Southern Water contracts for the transition from AMP 6 to AMP 7 based in the Hampshire and West Sussex areas. With turnover of £2.8 billion and the number of employees over 5500 people across three very successful businesses, this is a great opportunity for someone with a goal of working in management for a tier 1 contractor.
As the Project Manger you will work alongside the Commercial Team in smooth running and safe working environment for all employees. You will be responsible for Management and co-ordination of projects prior to site commencements.
- Health and safety documents to be correctly recorded.
- Preparing a construction phase HSE plan and preparing RAMS.
- Select and co-ordinate all subcontracts and labour
- Inspect and record incoming materials and their documentation
- Ensure that works completed to the quality required, within the agreed programme and within budget.
- Actively support the Site Manager to maintain and enforce safety standards as required by statute and in accordance with safety policies.
- Prepare monthly valuations and update cost to complete
- Liaise with the UK Support Team.
Ideally you will come from a strong Water based background within the Civils Engineering Environment.
About the Company/Client/Project:
One of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with an enviable track record of delivering schemes that strive to provide positive, lasting change for the communities. Their work is made up of several frameworks spanning the country including the AMP framework with Southern Water, in addition to security frameworks on Southern and Thames water assets.
Requirements including certificates and qualifications:
A minimum requirement of HNC and above in a relevant subject.
SSSTS or SMSTS, CSCS and ideally First Aid.
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Alltek specialise in civil engineering vacancies and is a leading recruitment consultancy based in Southampton.