About this Role:
We have a requirement for a permanent Mechanical Supervisor to work for a Tier 1 Principle Civil Engineering & Construction contractor. Their specialities and focuses are mainly for the Southern Water contracts for the transition from AMP 6 to AMP 7 based in the Hampshire and West Sussex areas. With turnover of £2.8 billion and the number of employees over 5500 people across three very successful businesses, this is a great opportunity for someone with a goal of working in management for a tier 1 contractor.
As a Mechanical Supervisor you will support the site manager in maintaining a safe working environment for all employees. You will support the supply chain partners and visitors ensuring work is completed to the highest of standards.
• Health and safety documents to be correctly recorded.
• Supervise work to ensure that it is carried out in accordance with method statements and work Instructions from the project manager
• Inspect and record incoming materials and their documentation
• Actively support the Site Manager to maintain and enforce safety standards as required by statute and in accordance with safety policies.
• Experience of schematic interpretations.
• Knowledge and experience of ITP is essential.
Ideally you will come from a strong Mechanical background with liquid involvement and 2-3 years’ experience.
About the Company/Client/Project:
The client is one of UK’s largest family owned Building & Civil Engineering Contractor. Their core focus is on delivering complex infrastructure projects but also cover engineering, mining and services extensively, with highways, rail, new development civil engineering and utilities forming the bulk of their workload.
Requirements including certificates and qualifications:
A minimum requirement of HNC and above in a relevant subject.
SSSTS or SMSTS, CSCS and ideally First Aid.
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Alltek specialise in civil engineering vacancies and is a leading recruitment consultancy based in Southampton.