General Foreman (water)
About this Role:
We have a requirement for a permanent General Foreman to work for a Tier 1 Principle Civil Engineering & Construction contractor. Their specialities and focuses are mainly for the Southern Water contracts for the transition from AMP 6 to AMP 7 based in the Hampshire and West Sussex areas. With turnover of £2.8 billion and the number of employees over 5500 people across three very successful businesses, this is a great opportunity for someone with a goal of working for a tier 1 contractor.
As a General Foreman you will be responsible for controlling all physical elements of the work from commencement through to the issue of the Maintenance Certificate and to maintain and maximise quality of service and profitability.
• Along with the Site Manager, co-ordinate and control initial site set-up, actively installing systems and procedures
• Apply and enforce methods and controls to ensure the most effective and continuous use of the organisation’s resources
• Produce records and data in conjunction with the Commercial Department, to maximise cash collection and profitability
• Produce oversee administration to ensure strict financial controls on the payment of the subcontractors, suppliers and operatives
• Liaise and co-ordinate with all functions of the company to support the overall business objectives
Ideally you will have experience as a General Foreman in Civil Engineering background, along with experience in the water sector, water and wastewater projects. You will have strong knowledge of sewage and water treatment processes systems.
About the Company/Client/Project:
One of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with an enviable track record of delivering schemes that strive to provide positive, lasting change for the communities. Their work is made up of several frameworks spanning the country including the AMP framework with Southern Water, in addition to security frameworks on Southern and Thames water assets.
Requirements including certificates and qualifications:
• Proven experience in a similar role within the construction industry
• ONC or HNC (or equivalent) in a construction discipline
• First Aid trained
• Preferably confined space trained
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Alltek specialise in civil engineering vacancies and is a leading recruitment consultancy based in Southampton.