About this Role:
We have an immediate requirement for an Estimator with strong experience of estimating within the Civil Engineering Sector. This is for a leading Contractor with a new 4 year framework due to start in June 2020.
They are looking for an Estimator who has a drive to progress and become the Managing Estimator, supervising a team of 4-5 estimators and commercial assistants in their Hampshire office. Their work spans across West Sussex and Hampshire, therefore you may be required to travel to sites when needed.
This contractor specialises in the Highways and infrastructure sectors along with Water and Utilities. The Estimator will be likely to work on their projects for Water and Highways. Therefore you will need to have a background in these sectors.
As the Estimator, you will be responsible for commercial aspects of the project, ensuring the work is completed in line with the programme.
You will be required to help and assist the Project Managers /Site Managers on assigned Contracts to ensure a thorough estimate of how much it will cost to provide a client or potential client with products or services.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Input to corporate approval process and risk mitigation.
• Inform Bid Manager of Input required to assist in tabling competitive price.
• Contribute to development of tender strategy.
• Agree methodologies and outputs for key activities with planner and, where appropriate, with Bid Manager/Design Manager.
• Provide advice to Bid Manager/Design Manager on most cost effective design options.
• Price alternative design solutions.
• Produce competitive pricing using methodologies and out puts etc to suit conditions/situations relevant to the scheme.
About the Company/Client/Project:
The client is a worldwide Building & Civil Engineering Contractor, established in 1990 in the UK. Their core focus is on delivering complex infrastructure projects but also cover engineering, with highways, rail, heavy civil engineering and infrastructure schemes forming the bulk of their workload.
Requirements including certificates and qualifications:
A BSc in Civil Engineering or equivalent, with recent relevant experience in a similar role.
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Alltek specialise in civil engineering vacancies and is a leading recruitment consultancy in Southampton