About this Role:
This is an outstanding opportunity for an Estimator to join a busy regional civil engineering and rail contractor on the South Coast. The role will give you the opportunity to work with the pre-construction team on diverse tenders for major subcontract highways packages, frameworks and single action projects up to the value of £15 million within highways and rail.
Tenders you are likely to work on will consist of highway improvement frameworks; junction upgrades; bridge repair and replacement schemes; embankment repairs, station upgrades and platform extension as well as one-off highway improvement projects for clients such as Highways England, Network Rail, local authorities and private sector clients.
The role is suitable for an Estimator looking to join a business with a clear route of progression into a senior role that will be given the opportunity to work with senior management of the business and develop their own team.
• Responsible for the preparation of tenders with assistance from other members of the pre-construction team.
• Manage the production of the tender costs in consultation with the project planner, design manager and bid manager allocated to the project.
• Obtain suitable market quotations to substantiate the prime cost utilising the company Supply Chain.
• Deliver accurate prime cost submissions at the adjudication meeting in a professional and logical manner.
• Advise line Manager of improvements / innovation within the company or externally that you become aware of.
• Estimates result in contracts that meet or exceed business expectations.
• Handover of successful tender information such that the site teams are suitably briefed
Commitment, drive and outstanding performance will be rewarded with an excellent salary, package and opportunity to progress.
About the Company/Client/Project:
The business offer an excellent approach to working flexibly, focusing on creating an environment built for the employees. The successful candidate will be rewarded with an outstanding working environment, opportunities to progress whatever stage of your career as well as a package that gives you security and recognises your contribution to the business.
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Alltek specialise in civil engineering vacancies and is a leading Recruitment Consultancy in Southampton.