About this Role:
We have an immediate requirement for an experienced Document Controller (including general admin support) based in Exeter, to be offered as a fixed term contract for up to 12 months.
This project is designed to support increased passenger capacity and associated rolling stock to the south west and an increase in the operational capacity of the maintenance facility. It is underway and due to complete in Q3 2020. The successful candidate will primarily have experience of Document Control in civil engineering, rail-related, highways and infrastructure projects.
Project scope comprises:
• Site clearance
• A 3-road maintenance building with workshops and stores
• 3 storey office and welfare facilities for depot engineering and train crew operations personnel
• Automatic train-wash with associated buildings, plant and infrastructure
• All new and modified Permanent Way including switches, crossings, turntables in shed and buffers
• Fluids storage and delivery/disposal systems, associated plant buildings and bunding.
• To manage contract documentation and correspondence.
• To support the commercial team
• To maintain accurate and comprehensive records and files of specified documentation in accordance with the administration manual
• Manage and take responsibility for the document control system
• Contribute to the administration of commercial tasks as required
• Act as the guardian of all records and maintain security of sensitive documents.
Requirements and knowledge:
• Comprehensive understanding of the administration system
• Basic understanding of the project delivery objectives
• Understanding of the purpose of document control in the commercial management environment and its place in the business’ strategy
About the Company/Client/Project:
The client is a Tier 1 Building & Civil Engineering Contractor. Their core focus is on delivering complex infrastructure projects but also cover engineering, mining and services extensively, with highways, rail, heavy civil engineering and infrastructure schemes forming the bulk of their workload.
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Alltek specialise in civil engineering vacancies and is a leading recruitment consultancy in Southampton