About this Role:
We are searching for an experienced Design Manager to work for a Tier 1 Contractor who have a variety of live projects and have recently tendered for several more based in Swindon, London and surrounding, focussing on the rail, highways and infrastructure sectors. The successful candidate will primarily have experience of Design Management for similar civil engineering, rail-related, highways and infrastructure projects. A Civils Contractor site background and/or Engineering qualification is highly desirable.
As the Design Manager it is your responsibility to manage design consultant activities and deliverables to ensure they are completed in line with the agreed programme. This may include more than one consultant.
As well as the technical lead on the project unless an Engineering Manager is present.
You will need to ensure both input and output deliverables for the design are tracked and reported to the Project Manager as required.
• Manage the process, resolution and communication of all design queries as part of the project.
• Review contract requirements and ensure compliance with requirements.
• Raise requests for further information internally and externally from the whole project team.
• Collaborate in the preparation of design programmes.
• Manage communication with the Client design representative throughout the contract period.
• Produce monthly reports on design progress and any other design specific elements.
• Manage and update the design deliverable schedule.
• Review all design deliverables and ensure that they are completed to the expected standard. Challenge and resolve when not.
• Manage provision of drawings to project team – document control.
• Establish technical query procedure.
• Review all design communications and collaboratively resolve queries.
• Agree changes with Project team in accordance with project authority protocol.
• Issue of instructions to Designer in accordance with project authority protocol.
• Implement change order management.
• Approve designer’s quality management system
About the Company/Client/Project:
The client is a Tier 1 Building & Civil Engineering Contractor. Their core focus is on delivering complex infrastructure projects but also cover engineering with highways, rail, heavy civil engineering and infrastructure schemes forming the bulk of their workload.
Requirements including certificates and qualifications:
• HND or HNC in a relevant subject or A BSc in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
• Must have spent 12 months completing designs as part of a consultancy or temporary works design department
• Will have both substantial construction and design experience.
• Ability to deputise for the Project Manager if required.
• Understands the Principal Designer Duties including ERIC
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Alltek specialise in civil engineering vacancies and is a leading recruitment consultancy in Southampton