About this Role:
Great opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Manager to step up or a Contracts Manager to work on projects across Wiltshire and Avon projects up to £4M.
Working for a Regional Contractor with a turnover of £18M within the civils, engineering and construction sectors this role will be to manage 3-4 projects and to support the Project Managers on site.
The successful candidate will have experience of both build and civil projects and you can be biased in either sector.
You will need to have experience of:
- Carrying out site visits with the estimation team in order to draw up the pre-construction programme and assisting with the preliminaries pricing and build strategy.
- Produce and issue risk log
- Identify all H&S issues
- Produce detailed Method Statements
- Support pre-contract team
- Participate and actively contribute to the Pre-Start handover
- Review options for construction and challenge solutions
- Provide cost effective solutions for the construction of the works
- Identify and predict resource issues and risks, and analyse options for profitability.
- Take tough decisions to overcome issues
- Be involved along with the QS and Site Management in the selection process for subcontractors, specialist and suppliers
- Attend progress meetings as appropriate and ensure that relevant contractors/progress reports against the programme are issued in accordance with the contract
- Provide high level progress reports to the Directors- weekly or as required
- Deal with al issues including complex issues to the customer and their team
- As part of the project team ensure that works are progressed safely, to the quality, programme, efficiently and cost effectively
- Monitor all regulatory requirements regarding Planning and Building Regulations
- Ensure that all site administration procedures are followed and timesheets are signed-off when not verified by a Site Manager
- Work closely with the Surveyor to ensure all cost related items are reported back and assist in the preparation of the final account
- Assist Surveyor with final account
About the Company/Client/Project:
An established Regional Contractor with a turnover of £18M within the civils, engineering and construction sectors this role will be to work specifically within the waste and storage division.
Covering the South of England and Wales my client is a key player within highways, utilities, rail, urban regeneration, industrial and construction, waste and storage sectors.
Requirements including certificates and qualifications:
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and proactive, demonstrating excellent technical, organisational, man-management and communication skills.
You will ideally have a degree in a construction related subject and experience of working on projects up to £4M
You will possess your SMSTS, CSCS and First Aid qualifications for this role.
You MUST have experience of both build and civils projects.
High standards, attention to detail and the drive will be very well rewarded with excellent salary, benefits, promotional and development prospects
Apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
alltek specialise in Build vacancies and is a leading Recruitment Consultancy in Southampton.