Commissioning Engineer (water)
About this Role:
We have a requirement for a permanent Commissioning Engineer to work for a Tier 1 Principle Civil Engineering & Construction contractor. Their specialities and focuses are mainly for the Southern Water contracts for the transition from AMP 6 to AMP 7 based in the Hampshire and West Sussex areas. With turnover of £2.8 billion and the number of employees over 5500 people across three very successful businesses, this is a great opportunity for someone with a goal of working for a tier 1 contractor.
As a Commissioning Engineer you will be responsible for planning, executing and documenting of commissioning and handover activities on projects and programme of works in a safe manner, fully in accordance with statutory, industry wide, Southern Water processes, systems, procedures and specifications.
• Prepare and maintain the commissioning programme and execute activities in accordance with the programme.
• Ensure compliance is maintained for all related site activities
• Perform and document all inspections, testing and commissioning as required
• Carry out plant labelling to SW specifications
• Manage and supervise subcontractors as required
• Prepare/review risk assessments and method statements as required
• Communicate any delays or issues to the Commissioning Manager and Construction Manager
• Attend to plant callouts, including out of office hours and weekends up until plant takeover
• Will be expected to work on multiple projects simultaneously dependent on the programme delivery requirements
Ideally you will have experience in successful commissioning of complex process and MEICA water and wastewater projects. You will have strong knowledge with Electrical and instrumentation systems.
You will have strong knowledge of sewage and water treatment processes systems and M&E plant, experience of commissioning in a contracting environment. Preferable knowledge of contract law including standard forms of contract in water or process related industry.
About the Company/Client/Project:
One of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with an enviable track record of delivering schemes that strive to provide positive, lasting change for the communities. Their work is made up of several frameworks spanning the country including the AMP framework with Southern Water, in addition to security frameworks on Southern and Thames water assets.
Requirements including certificates and qualifications:
A minimum requirement of HNC and above in a relevant subject.
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
Alltek specialise in civil engineering vacancies and is a leading recruitment consultancy based in Southampton.